MKV/h264 and subtitles problem

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

MKV/h264 and subtitles problem

Postby kinetiKc » Wed May 06, 2009 11:00 am

Hi.
I am using PS3 Media Server for a long time, but I have this weird problem from yesterday.
It is like this - I have a couple of mkv files (video is h264, a few audio tracks) with srt subtitles for them. The problem is, when I turn off automatic subtitles loading, video plays fine. But, if I turn the subtitles on, there's that funny problem - everything plays fine for like two, three minutes, and then it gets large fps drop (video and audio both). If I turn the video off (with the 'circle' button), and then play it again - it goes smoothly from the moment it crashed, but, for another few minutes.

I use Pentium D940 (3,4GHz) + 3GB RAM (it's 4, but Win XP SP3 shows only 3) with the latest PS3MS (1.10.5). My connection in gigabit, and I transcode with MEncoder.

Zipped debug.log in attachment.
Attachments
debug.zip
(29.09 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
kinetiKc
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:45 am

Re: MKV/h264 and subtitles problem

Postby meskibob » Wed May 06, 2009 1:54 pm

And you're sure it's using MEncoder and not auto-switching to TSmuxer (an added feature in recent versions) when the subtitles are disabled? Cause it makes sense that your system can handle the remux with TSmuxer but then it stutters (your FPS drop) when doing the full transcode with MEncoder.

kinetiKc wrote:I use Pentium D940 (3,4GHz) + 3GB RAM (it's 4, but Win XP SP3 shows only 3)
Correction: 32-bit WinXP will only show 3gigs, as will 32-bit Vista. You need a 64-bit Windows OS for it to recognize all of the available memory (upto 8gigs on XP and 16gigs on Vista, I believe).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob
Moderator
 
Posts: 4768
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Re: MKV/h264 and subtitles problem

Postby kinetiKc » Wed May 06, 2009 1:58 pm

meskibob wrote:And you're sure it's using MEncoder and not auto-switching to TSmuxer (an added feature in recent versions) when the subtitles are disabled? Cause it makes sense that your system can handle the remux with TSmuxer but then it stutters (your FPS drop) when doing the full transcode with MEncoder.
Nope, I turned off that feature, and it's still the same.

meskibob wrote:
kinetiKc wrote:I use Pentium D940 (3,4GHz) + 3GB RAM (it's 4, but Win XP SP3 shows only 3)
Correction: 32-bit WinXP will only show 3gigs, as will 32-bit Vista. You need a 64-bit Windows OS for it to recognize all of the available memory (upto 8gigs on XP and 16gigs on Vista, I believe).
Yeah, yeah, I know, I just said about SP3 in order to avoid questions like "what's your OS".
kinetiKc
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:45 am

Re: MKV/h264 and subtitles problem

Postby zomgheals » Thu May 07, 2009 3:27 am

this probably wont help but worth a try:

untick ASS/SSA subtitles in MEncoder options
zomgheals
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:56 am


Return to General Help and Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests