Multiple SRT support with Ps3 Media Server?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Multiple SRT support with Ps3 Media Server?

Postby elafos2008 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi,

as the title says - can I somehow achieve multiple SRT / subtitle support with the PS3 Media Server? How should I configure it? My wife is from Turkey and sometimes she likes to see the turkish subtitles when we watch a movie/serial. I dont want to manually rename the files all time - I believe there is a simple and neat solution available - just tell me how! :)

THanks and big GREATEST respect to the programmer of this fantastic software! If you´d sell it I´ll buy it, otherwise I´m going to donate as soon as I get this SRT thing fixed!!!

Good nite, elafos
elafos2008

Re: Multiple SRT support with Ps3 Media Server?

Postby PS4 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:57 pm

elafos2008 wrote:Hi,

as the title says - can I somehow achieve multiple SRT / subtitle support with the PS3 Media Server? How should I configure it? My wife is from Turkey and sometimes she likes to see the turkish subtitles when we watch a movie/serial. I dont want to manually rename the files all time - I believe there is a simple and neat solution available - just tell me how! :)

THanks and big GREATEST respect to the programmer of this fantastic software! If you´d sell it I´ll buy it, otherwise I´m going to donate as soon as I get this SRT thing fixed!!!

Good nite, elafos

you realize with internal subs, the transcoder folder shows you all the audio/sub combinations?

if the subs are external, then I think you can only have one, unless you want to run multiple folders with the same movie/ different srt :) not too elegant
PS4

Postby Ricardo » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi there!

I also think it would be great if PS3 Media Server would support multiple subtitles for a single movie in the same folder (BTW, I just registered so I could post in this thread).

I tried to get more information from the FAQ and the Wiki, but only after checking out the source code I found out that the current version only supports one subtitle at a time. :-(

If anyone is also interested in this feature, I'd suggest you to vote for this enhancement that I just opened.

[]s!
Ricardo

Postby frank_jarle » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:39 pm

I totally support the last suggestion (even i cant figure out how to give a vote on google). Just as my wife speak english, she sometimes likes to watch with english subtitles and sometimes i like to watch with norwegian subtitles.

To have a feature that gives the option to choose between multiple (at least two) subtitle would be awesome, if i could see a feature like that i wouldnt mind to donate.

Frank
frank_jarle

Postby elafos2008 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:49 pm

PS4 wrote:you realize with internal subs, the transcoder folder shows you all the audio/sub combinations?

if the subs are external, then I think you can only have one, unless you want to run multiple folders with the same movie/ different srt :) not too elegant

Hi, yes I saw thaty and its ok but I dont want to transcode all AVIs manually & be flexible.

It would be great (just as in a 50 EUR DVD-Player) to be able to select the subtitle(s) available in the same folder, 'coded' after a certiın rule (e.g. filename is same but SRT with suffix, (e.g. 'Terminator.AVI' as movie. 'Terminator-1.srt' is 1st subtitle and 'Terminator-2.srt' is the second and so on (just as in AVI2SUB software where its detecting which SRTs to embed into AVI). Then PS3MediaServer could create subfolders in the 'transcoded' folder and list the available possibilities.

Greetz, elafos
elafos2008

Postby Ricardo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi all!

I noticed that since version 1.10.1 (March 3rd, 2009), the following features were added:

Alternate subtitles directory
    Multi language external subtitles support

Hurray! :D Thanks a bunch!

But I searched for the way to use these features and couldn't find any info about it...

By trial-and-error, I found out I could use multiple external subtitles by renaming each subtitle like this (following the ISO 639-1 language code):

movie_title.eng.srt
    movie_title.por.srt

I hope this is correct, and that this post might help someone...

But what about the "Alternate subtitles directory"? Could someone tell me what's the advantage of it (over having everything in the same directory), and how to use it?
Ricardo

Return to General Help and Support