Streaming M2TS with DTS

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Streaming M2TS with DTS

Postby toranaBob » Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 am

Hi guys,

Newb here. This may have been asked/answered previously but here goes. I am having difficulty streaming these files to my ps3 from my pc. I have been ripping my blurays to my pc using AnyDVD HD then opening the largest file into TSmuxeR and selecting only the video and the HD audio file (DTS-HD) and muxing to an M2TS file. Getting rid of all the extra stuff that I don't need. I then stream these files directly to my PS3 using PS3MS. The problem that I am having is that there is no audio coming through at all with certain movies i.e. Street Kings. My amp currently doesn't support these HD audio formats but does support DTS however (I'm doing it this way so that when I get my next amp my library will be ready). Will PS3MS do what I'm trying to achieve? I am unsure whether its my network thats failing, or my pc not being able to transcode fast enough, or if I am asking too much of this program. I can successfully stream my 1080p mkv's with DTS to the PS3, I am just lost with the M2TS's and don't really want to convert to mkv.

Any help would be appreciated. I knew this could never be done with Tversity but PS3MS is opeing up a whole bunch of new doors.

PC Specs:
Gigabyte 965P-DS3P
Core2 Duo E6300 @ 3.2Ghz
4GB 667 DDR2 @ 800Mhz
4TB WD Caviar Black 32MB Cache

Network:
PC -- gigabit -- Linksys WRT610N ~~ 5Ghz wireless N ~~ WNHDE111 5Ghz (Bridge Mode) -- gigabit? -- PS3

TV/Theatre:
Samsung 52" 650 series (HDMI)
PS3
Sony HTDDW1000 (Optical)

I hope thats enough info.. Cheers

Rob
toranaBob

Re: Streaming M2TS with DTS

Postby shagrath » Mon May 04, 2009 11:56 am

you need to transcode the file ( folder #transcode# ) with mencoder. The video part should not be changed, but the audio part will be muxed for ps3 compatibility
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby toranaBob » Mon May 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Cool cool. Will try this later this arvo.

I must say. This is a marvellous piece of software ;)
toranaBob

Postby toranaBob » Tue May 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Still having trouble with this. Have tried what you suggested but a message appears on the ps3 after a few mins saying 'the data is corrupted'.

The status screen on PS3MS shows the current bitrate of '0 kb/s' and the 'transcoding buffer status' is 'empty'.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. Is there a setting somewhere preventing this from working?

During this test I have been running a direct gigabit link from my router to ps3 (no wireless). I have converted this file to MKV with DTS which works successfully, but I don't want to have to do this to my entire library.

Cheers,

Rob
toranaBob

Postby shagrath » Tue May 05, 2009 7:08 pm

data corrupted means something wrong happened on the server, so basically anything :p

hard to tell without the debug.log
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby jr2647 » Thu May 14, 2009 1:31 am

extract the steam and then remux making DTS audio into AC3 and you get 5.1 surround in your new M2TS container. Mine streams perfectly that way. I dont believe PS3 will stream DTS or THD
jr2647

Postby shagrath » Thu May 14, 2009 2:38 pm

well, try it before saying wrong things :)
shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Help and Support