Video Streaming Problem

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Video Streaming Problem

Postby gautam » Mon May 04, 2009 7:18 am

Hi Guys, I am having difficulty in streaming videos from my computer to the PS3. I have generally downloaded videos from the net in Divx and in AVI formats. I have a WiFi modem and both the PS3 and my computer are attached wirelessly. The PS3 sees my computer on the TV set and even plays back the video with subtitle(.srt Files) but the streaming is very poor and it pauses every other second. The Computer configuration and the PS3 Media Server configuration is given below:

Computer Configuration:
OS- Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
Processor: Intel Core2 CPU T5600@1.83Ghz 1.83Ghz
RAM: 2 GB
System Type: 32bit OS

PS3 MS Ver 1.10.51 Settings:
video: MEncoder
audio: Mplayer Audio
Web streaming: Mencoder Web/MPlayer Video Dump
Buffer max size: 400.0MB
number of cores: 2
AC3 bitrate: 640
Max Bandwidth 15Mb/S
No. of Audio Channels: 2 Channels Stereo
Mpeg2 Video Quality Settings: Keyint=1:vqscale=1:vqmin=2

Please let me know if there is any solution for this. Many thanks for you help in advance
gautam

Re: Video Streaming Problem

Postby ahhughes » Tue May 05, 2009 12:59 pm

Your hardware looks plenty powerful enuff. Wireless is often a very small pipe and a common cause of such issues. If you can get hold of some network cables... try using them to connect the PC & PS3 over your home network.
ahhughes

Re: Video Streaming Problem

Postby shagrath » Tue May 05, 2009 7:38 pm

gautam wrote:I have a WiFi modem and both the PS3 and my computer are attached wirelessly

yes unfortunately, you cannot get high bitrates with a "no wires" installation...
shagrath
Project Lead

Return to General Help and Support