PS3 Media Server completely stopped working

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 Media Server completely stopped working

Postby Speedball » Sun May 03, 2009 1:35 am

So, here's the deal. PS3 Media Server worked like a charm until I uninstalled some old, random video conversion programs that I never used. While uninstalling, two of the programs gave me the message that the "file being removed is no longer in use but other programs may stop working properly if removed." I've seen this message lots of times and never had a problem so I let the uninstallations delete the files. Now, I don't recall what the programs were that I uninstalled, or the names of the files that were removed. Ever since I did this, PS3 Media Server will NOT load - I simply get the Windows stop error sound immediately after I launch the exe. No error messages, just the stop error sound. The .bat file in the program directory did the same thing. I uninstalled/reinstalled it, and still nothing. I then did a system restore thinking that may fix it but nope, it still didn't work. I uninstalled/reinstalled it again after the system restore and still no luck. I have been forced to go back to using WMP11's media server (boo). I would think that uninstalling/reinstalling the proram would re-copy any needed files to my HD but I guess not. It would have been v1.10.1. Anyone have any ideas?

Here's my setup:
Pentium 4 3Ghz
2.5GBs of RAM
Westell 327w wireless router
Speedball

Return to General Help and Support