Videos Randomly Pause

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Re: Videos Randomly Pause

Postby zalliehoem » Mon May 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi Again!.
It seems to be that there are no problems if i play the mkv files in 720p with the subs,the stuttering is only in the 1080p movie's with subs.But strange enough not in all the mkv movie's in 1080p with subs are stuttering.
I've tested the Ps3 media server on two computers and on both computers i've the same problems with this?.
My network is across the Linksys router type wrt54g i do not know if there something wrong perhaps?.Perhaps there is a bug in the software Mencoder?.
Is there a good programm to monitor the network too see how much bandwight it takes,my network must be good enough 100mbps????.
William.
zalliehoem

Postby zalliehoem » Mon May 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Well i found something out this evening! i Whas thinking about something 'What can i do to resolve this problem"with the stuttering mkv movie's.If you playt 1080p+subs(mkv) than you got stuttering movie's and if you playt 720p+Subs it's ok.
I Think now that the problem is in my Linksys wrt54g gateway bacause i've also a switch (Asus)between them for extra connections,this is what i have done
i've connected the ps3 in the switch with the computer where the Ps3 media server is on it!! (I hope you can understand my writting!!)and so i done have to use the gateway.
And what happens you thing no more stuttering everything playt fine??.I'm very Happy ofcourse he!!!.
So something in my gateway is wrong i do not now yet what that can be? perhaps a software update perhaps.
William from Holland!!!.
Bye.
zalliehoem

Postby meskibob » Mon May 04, 2009 9:03 pm

I would guess that the switch can handle gigabit while the router is only 100mbit.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby zalliehoem » Tue May 05, 2009 9:36 am

meskibob wrote:I would guess that the switch can handle gigabit while the router is only 100mbit.

I thinks so yes?. My Asus Switch is 1.0 gbps (1000?).

I will try to reconnect the network cables so that i not go through the router?.
Perhaps a new one? off a software update i do not know if that is working everything else is working perfect with this router.
William.
zalliehoem

Postby zalliehoem » Tue May 05, 2009 7:08 pm

Something else to mention?.

I'm happy to say that the stutterring problem is solved on my side here! But early on i had a other problem i thought I didn't had that problem no more now!.
That is if i played a mkv movie with subs for a while 10,20,30 minutes abruptly ps3 media server shut down himself also the computer is going off and restarting himself again?.
What's the cause of it i don't know,perhaps something about the pc hardware it's a strange problem this one :oops: .
Is there anybody who's got a idea :idea:
William.
zalliehoem

Postby darkonex » Wed May 06, 2009 2:09 am

Thanks for jacking my thread. On a side note, I have played a crapload of normal music vids and HD 720P and 1080P movies back on 1.04 and still working perfectly.
darkonex

Postby zalliehoem » Wed May 06, 2009 4:57 pm

I'm very sorry for jacking your thread,I will start a new topic for this problem?.
I hope that your problemwhas solved, i will try to go to version .1.04 to see if my problem still happens that ps2 ms is chrashing.
William.
zalliehoem

Postby PMSuser » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:27 pm

I had the same while streaming through PMS but also when playing legit movies on Blu-Ray or DVD. The movie would play for a few minutes but then the pause becomes visible bottom left. If I turn of my controller the movie continues. The same remotes R2 button is stuffed so don't know if it is related
PMSuser

Previous

Return to General Help and Support