Shuffle All Music Tracks

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Shuffle All Music Tracks

Postby ckob1308 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:48 pm

This is a simple question. Can I shuffle play all music tracks? The media tree appears by album and when I choose to shuffle I only can shuffle within one album at a time. I want to shuffle the music entire library. How is that done without having to make playlists?
ckob1308

Re: Shuffle All Music Tracks

Postby meskibob » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:40 pm

Enable the media library and that will give you access to the entire library in one folder, which will allow you to use the shuffle in the PS3's player.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby ckob1308 » Fri May 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Thank you.

I enabled, then scanned (which took some time), then I saved and now I have the option for viewing all audio files on the PS3. Only problem now is that I am only seeing about 12 of my 6000 or so tracks. When I tried to play I had the DLNA error and nothing played. I then went back to the album view and when I entered an album no tracks were found. I checked my media source and all my media is still in tact. Same is the case for my videos. Is there a size limitation? Is this affected by my network speed and power?
ckob1308

Postby Uridium » Fri May 01, 2009 1:48 pm

I know you mentioned "without using a playlist but it only takes seconds to do a search on the PC for *.mp3 and add them all to a playlist.

Then just save the playlist to a folder and add this folder to PS3MS interface. You can shuffle in streamed playlists fine.
Uridium

Postby ckob1308 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:37 am

Uridium wrote:I know you mentioned "without using a playlist but it only takes seconds to do a search on the PC for *.mp3 and add them all to a playlist.

Then just save the playlist to a folder and add this folder to PS3MS interface. You can shuffle in streamed playlists fine.

I created a playlist that worked on WMP but when I try playing that same playlist on PS3 and I get the error "no tracks". What are the 1,2,3's to make a playlist?
ckob1308

Postby Uridium » Wed May 06, 2009 9:22 am

They need to be saved as .pls files

This is a good free Windows app for creating .pls playlists.
Uridium

Postby Espo » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:26 pm

How do I load these pls playlist to my PS3, I mean it´s not a video file nor a audio file, so how do I load the playlist? It wont show up on my PS3 anyway...
Espo

Return to General Help and Support