Some issues I've encontered

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Some issues I've encontered

Postby simsin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Hey there!
First off i'd like to express my gratitude for thisprogram! Its amazing and has some crazy potential!
I Have been playing around with it and really enjoy it.

I was able to get it to stream many off my movies! I've followed the readme file for the Avisynth/ffdshow downloaded all the parts needed the codec pack installed avsynth and the rest... but I am hesitant as to how to actually use the Avisynth instead of the Mencoder!?

Also with the new version of this application i've tried runnning x264 encrypted files using a bandwidth limit of 15 as from what i have read my pc should be able to manage the encoding but my connection isnt great. I have the settings set to medium hd wifi and it runs but stutters on occasion... as someone else mentionned in another thread there is no way to rewind or fast forward except for 1.5x everything else the thing starts acting weird.

Also I am using an wrt54g wireless router as a wireless connection to Athlon 5200 at 2.6 with 3gb ram in vista to stream to my ps3

If you could help me with these points to ... It would be greatly appreciated thanks!
simsin

Re: Some issues I've encontered

Postby simsin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Some stuff I may have forgot to mention and to make unclear:
regular divx/xvid and SD videos work great
the problem I have is with HD content, weather i try to play 720p or 1080p content in both cases i encounter jerkiness what I dont understand is from the authors description my pc with the setup/confirguration of the PS3MS that i have used should run fine from what i understand.

PS: the new dual core feature is enabled in my configuration.

thanks!
simsin

Re: Some issues I've encontered

Postby simsin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:15 am

any ideas?
simsin

Return to General Help and Support