about the same issue, I have not tried it:
I have accomplished what you wanted by doing the following,
1. Rip BlueRay disk to hard drive using AnyDVD
2. Use BDInfo to find the stream file that hold the movie only on the disc
3. TSMuxer.exe to select the steam file you found in step2. Once you have it select only select the .m2ts file and the audio you want. I always use the best audio availible. DTS or DD-HD. They both work with PS3 Media Server. For the output format have it put into BD Disc format.
4. Use RipBot to select the single m2ts file that you have in the newly created BD structure, and compress the movie down to 720p mkv file.
5. Playback the single mkv file through PS3 Media Server.... End file is only around 4 GB instead of 20-30GB. I cannot tell the difference on my 100" 1080p projector setup.
Another one is MultiAVCHD guide
, maybe it gives some help.
About the dvd/bluray menus, there is no such concept in an entire dlna specs so its a no-go for menus. You must have a mediafile to be played or dlna server capable of finding the exact video+audio stream from the movie disc file structure.