Issues with my media server settings

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Issues with my media server settings

Postby jdavet » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:10 am

The main issue I'm having is skipping during the movie, but it may be due to the fact that I changed some of the settings around. I know... I should've left things the way they were (default settings), but, since I was getting a bit of skipping (a lot less than I currently am) I tried to change the settings to see if things would work better... tried installing the different transcoders... and with doing all that, I think I messed things up.

I now have my "Transcode buffer max size" at 500 and the "max bandwidth" at 3, which is making my computer work REALLY hard... As you can tell, I am a real newbie when it comes to streaming and transcoding. At the default settings, it would skip a whole lot less and, as you all know, the "Transcode buffer max size" is 400 and the "max bandwidth" is at 0.

Here is all of my comp's info:
1-Intel Pentium 4 - 3.06Ghz; 1.87GB of ram; running Vista 32-bit; Using PMS v.1.10.5
2-wifi
3-(see above) My main question is to know how to change things to default... and also to know what settings (if any) I may change in order to clean up any skipping.
4-Mencoder
5-(see attached)

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Attachments
debug.7z
(171.13 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
jdavet

Re: Issues with my media server settings

Postby j2048b » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:26 am

uninstall and then re-install!!

that simple!!

if something is going wgrong after re-install

try to de click or click only 1 item at a time and test it out!!

i had to do this with my mac and all is great!!
j2048b

Postby jdavet » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:13 am

Thanks for you reply! I did try to uninstall and reinstall... and the settings were the same. I even tried to install a different version, and the settings were the same. Somebody also suggested to delete the config file, which I did, and the settings were still the same.

Any other ideas?
jdavet

Postby j2048b » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:53 am

jdavet wrote:Thanks for you reply! I did try to uninstall and reinstall... and the settings were the same. I even tried to install a different version, and the settings were the same. Somebody also suggested to delete the config file, which I did, and the settings were still the same.

Any other ideas?

ok then try to set up everything according to my post (with the big pictures)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1951

and let me know what happens?

btw, what is your wifi running? (gigabit, 1200up/700down?) or what?
j2048b

Return to General Help and Support