A Couple of Questions! :0

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

A Couple of Questions! :0

Postby Paulyboy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:21 am

Here are my specs:

P4 3.0 gig
512 Ram
Internet: 1800 HG Gateway SBC Yahoo DSL

Everything is going just fine. I have a couple of questions I downloaded [gSS] Gundam 00 s2 ep 15. It stutters of course but I need to know what settings I need to put. I also downloaded AVI Synth and Core AVI. But I don't know if im using mencoder or AVI Synth and Core. What settings do I need? And what should the bandwith limit be?

Other than that my other files are okay but just for future references of downloading.

The dimensions of the file is 1280x720, file size is 382 mb, then it says avc1,AAC,ASS

Can I please get a step by step instructional ? Help would be appreciated.
Paulyboy

Re: A Couple of Questions! :0

Postby Topguy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:31 am

Paulyboy wrote:Here are my specs:

P4 3.0 gig
512 Ram
Internet: 1800 HG Gateway SBC Yahoo DSL

But are you using Wireless or cable connection for PC and PS3 ??

Low end CPU usually means that you need big bandwidth, (less compression) so I guess it have to be cable for you.
I don't know much about CoreAVC but I'm guessing that its meant for people that want high compression (because they use WiFi) and have a good dual-core CPU that can handle the tough mpeg4 compression.

I also feel that 512MB RAM is little, very little. You are running Java for PMS so you should check how much free memory you have after starting it.
Topguy

Postby Paulyboy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 am

I dont know what you mean about how much memory I have after I start it. If you meant on the windows task manager it says:

Commit Charge 467 / 1245M

Edit: Yes its cable connected to my computer but wireless for my PS3

Edit2: So if I have cable connected to my pc, what bandwidth limit should I use and what MPEGII video quality settings should I pick.

Edit3: LOL sorry but it says it detected 2 cores, so should I just choose 1 core?
Paulyboy

Postby shagrath » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:05 am

in the transcode settings panel, set 200 for "transcode buffer maximum size", select 1 core, and try the "good quality" preset in video quality settings

but transcoding an HD video with a 5 year old PC on a wifi connection is quite a challenge you know
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby Paulyboy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:51 pm

Wow... those settings really helped, except that GSS gundam is 720p and it stutters from time to time but not alot as it used to. As the rest of my mkv files, they all work, without stuttering plus good quality on my hdtv :). If you guys have a computer and connection like mine, use those settings.

Edit: So it looks like I need a minimum of 2 gigs to fully optimize my experience of 720p?
Paulyboy

Return to General Help and Support