Can't seem to see if this topic has been raised yet or not. Suprised if it hasn't been.
I've used the PMS program months ago at which time I remember it being an excellentfast way to access files quickly from my PC via my PS3. The problem I seem to be having since using the newer versions (using 1.10.51). The main issue I have is that when I browse my files from the Ps3 and lets say I select a MP3 to play it seems to take ages to load. Like 15+ seconds. I don't recall there being a lag like this before. Usually files would load up in a matter of seconds. Now there seems to be a lag or delay in the files opening. I've gone back and tried older versions of PMS and o'm having the same problem.
I've opened the port that PMS uses so that's working ok. I'm not sure what else to try. I even tried disabling all of the transcoding methods thinking that this was what was slowing me down. It hasn't helped. I shut down my firewall (comodo) also and it's not helping
Running 64 bit xp on a Intel i7 processor 3 GB ram. Pc is connected via my 4 port belkin router/adsl model which my PS3 is also connected to. All via ethernet cabling.
Thanks for the help