PS3MS not showing video time on Video List

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3MS not showing video time on Video List

Postby rarmellini » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:03 pm

Ever since I upgraded to version 1.10.51 I started to have this issue:

On the Video List (menu) the video lenght is not beeing displayed for like 10% of my videos (I couldn't determine why, since it happens for all kinds of files).
This is not a big deal, but when I play those videos, I am unable to use the PS3 "go to" functionallity (it simply doesn't work because the video lenght is shown as 0:00:00), or when I try to fast forward the video on 10x it locks up.

1- My computer specs: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad Core with 2GB of RAM running windows XP SP3
2- Streaming through ethernet gigabit
3- above
4- transcoding using mencoder (default configuration) in order to add Brazilian Portuguese subtitles

Thanks,

Rogerio
rarmellini

Re: PS3MS not showing video time on Video List

Postby NonBorn » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:53 pm

Same problem exactly here... No fast foward, only 1.5x and 0:00.00 duration of every mkv trying to play.

My setup:

Mac Pro early 200 2x2.8ghz
10gb ram
Leopard 10.5.6
NonBorn

Re: PS3MS not showing video time on Video List

Postby moshjahan » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:09 pm

If this is on Windows, try moving the affected file out of the folder being shared and then moving it back in using Explorer. I've had this with Windows Media Player Sharing also. In the case of WMP it sometimes tries to read the meta data before the file is completely available.
moshjahan

Return to General Help and Support