PS3 not able to found issues

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 not able to found issues

Postby RoopeB » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:41 am

Hello to all,

I have problems founding PS3. Telewell TW-EA510 v.3 and D-Link DI-524 router are connected together with a network cable. D-Link is placed near PS3, so I'm able to access internet via D-Link -> Telewell -> Internet.

If I open media server on my desktop computer, I'm wont be able to found PS3. The route to PS3 in this case would be: computer (with cable) -> Telewell (with cable) -> D-Link (wireless) -> PS3. If I take my laptop and open the server on it, I'm fully able to find, use and operate PS3 media server. The route is now: laptop (wireless) -> D-Link (wireless) -> PS3. BUT if I make the connection like this: Laptop (wireless) -> Telewell (with cable) -> D-Link (wireless) -> PS3, it fails finding PS3.

My question is, why it's not possible to find PS3 from my desktop computer? The problem has to be between Telewell and D-Link, right? Is there something I could try to solve this problem? These two seem not to communicate properly to each other. I've tried to force IP and port, no success.

Appreciate any assistance,
Rob
RoopeB

Re: PS3 not able to found issues

Postby meskibob » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:08 pm

RoopeB wrote:My question is, why it's not possible to find PS3 from my desktop computer? The problem has to be between Telewell and D-Link, right? Is there something I could try to solve this problem?
You are correct. The two devices need to be able to properly communicate their UPnP/multicast requests, and while this can be done between two subnets as you're trying to do, it's just easier to put the two on the same subnet. i.e.: wire the PS3 to the D-Link instead of the Telewell.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support