Iphone6 Mov files play but sounds like a Chipmunk

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Iphone6 Mov files play but sounds like a Chipmunk

Postby kiwilink » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:27 am

I take a lot of Iphone6 videos. I copy them off of my phone to my I7 Desktop and stream them using PMS. When I play them the video looks great but the sound is way too fast. I am wired (Gigabit) from the desktop to the PS3. When I use MediaInfo to look at the .Mov file it has a overall bit rate of 26.2 Mbps. Its 1920x1080 at 60FPS. The audio stream is 89.8 Kbps, 44.1 KHz, 1 channel AAC.

When I drill down into the directory on the PS3 I can see that if I go to "Transcode" and play it, the sound will be normal but I'd like to not have to drill down via transcode to play each and every video. Incidentally, if I move my videos to a shared library using my IPhone, Apple converts the video to a .MP4 file and these play great without transcoding but Apple changes the video to 1080x720 when it converts the .Mov to a MP4 automatically without user involvement or knowledge.

Is there any IPhone users out there who stream there .Mov files using PMS and experience this issue whereby the sound does not sync up with the video? I hate to have to convert hundreds of video files if I don't have to.

Thanks!
kiwilink

Return to General Help and Support