dlna protocol error (2114) has occured in ps3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

dlna protocol error (2114) has occured in ps3

Postby Nostra » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi,

I've been using PMS for years without any troubles, but last week out of the blue I started to have problems. On my PS3 I find the Media Server but when I try to open it (Movies, Music, Photo, it doesn't matter), I get the following error: "Media Server Error: A DLNA protocol error (2114) has occurred.".

I've tried everything I could think of: restarting both systems, running 'with admin'. After reading the FAQ I also purged my Java installation with the required tool, I've installed an older version,... Nothing works. Can anyone help?

Here is my debug.log: http://pastebin.com/ZJ1NLEfC

Edit: Meanwhile I've tried streaming files with Windows Media Player and this works without troubles. Trouble is it doesn't support .mkv files or subs... :'( I really want my PMS to work again....
Nostra

Re: dlna protocol error (2114) has occured in ps3

Postby Nostra » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:49 am

No solution so far :(. I've installed Plex and it works fine so far. So yeah, ...
Nostra

Re: dlna protocol error (2114) has occured in ps3

Postby ExSport » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Unfortunatelly there is no development on PMS for last few years so you should test other DLNA/UPnP servers.
If you liked PMS, you should test UMS as a new fork of PMS project ;)
ExSport

Return to General Help and Support