Problem with audio when streaming .mkv-files.EDIT: debug log

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Problem with audio when streaming .mkv-files.EDIT: debug log

Postby paxxor » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi!

Been a long time user of PMS with practically no problems until now. All of a sudden (last week), when I stream .mkv-files the video works but not the audio.
This happens on all engines except VLC, but instead with VLC the stream starts to freeze after approx. 3 minutes.
When fastforwarding 1.5x on MEncoder the sound comes through (synced), and at the top right it appears to be streaming through.
Also noticed that the sound is flawless when transcoding with subtitles, I am absolutely baffled, been looking through the forums and Googling like a maniac,
have reinstalled Java, PMS, and Codec packs with no result. Sitting on a PC with Win 7 x64 and connected to the PS3 via Ethernet cable.

Would really appreciate some help!

paxxor

EDIT: debug log - no problem when streaming GOT-episode with subtitles but when streaming Hannibal original file through MEncoder no sound and through VLC Audio bitrate goes to 0 on PS3 after ~3min (freezes and starts for 1 sec over and over). I can't locate the problem, doesn't show on the log?
http://pastebin.com/Tw0USvge
paxxor

Re: Problem with audio when streaming .mkv-files.EDIT: debug

Postby paxxor » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Ehm, after 3 days of tweaking the computer and everything between the PS3 and it, I saw audio options on the PS3, they were set for my other TV. I feel stupid but everything works now!
paxxor

Return to General Help and Support