Why was MEncoder option "Switch to tsMuxer when.." removed?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Why was MEncoder option "Switch to tsMuxer when.." removed?

Postby cgs » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:14 am

Recently replaced my media server, it was running version 1.10.51 on the old system. I had updated to version 1.90.1 but found significant issues with audio sync when streaming movies ripped from dvdshrink (.vob) to my PS3.

Installed the older version 1.10.51 from 2009 and there is NO issue with sync. In comparing options between the versions, there is an option under MEncoder to "Switch to tsMuxer when H264 video is ps3 compatible....". Looking through the version history documentation it appears the option was removed in version 1.72.0. The note simply says:

Engines:◦ Removed option to automatically switch to tsMuxeR (available manually via the #--TRANSCODE--# folder)

During my troubleshooting I was able to get playback to work correctly when I invoked tsmuxer, but as the note implies it is a manual solution done per movie.

Is there a way to get the same functionality automatically in version 1.90.1?

Thanks!
cgs

Re: Why was MEncoder option "Switch to tsMuxer when.." remov

Postby meskibob » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:00 am

It was removed due to a large number of compatibility issues with tsMuxer. You can re-prioritize tsMuxer to be the default engine using the blue Up/Down arrows at the bottom of the Transcoding Settings tab in the GUI.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support