DLNA Protocol Error 7531

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

DLNA Protocol Error 7531

Postby Reliken » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 am

Been running PS3 media server for years. This particular build/setup for at least one year, if not more than that. Never any issues.

Today, while streaming a TV show it suddenly started stuttering dramatically. All audio cut out, and it was advancing at a rate of about 1 frame every 5-10 seconds. After backing out, I have found it unable to start video streaming and it moves very, very slowly to recognize the media server in the first place and to populate lists of media.

I've Tried erasing my cache, restarting the media server, the PS3, and my computer, nothing.

Looking up this DLNA error, I also tried enabling/disabling my PS3's internet connection, and disabling/re-enabling "allow media server connections" under Settings->Network Settings.

Still no go.

I've uploaded my most recent debug.log here: http://pastebin.com/Wx8LGEww . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reliken

Re: DLNA Protocol Error 7531

Postby Reliken » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:07 am

Ever since this problem, I have had continuous streaming issues. Even just streaming audio - regardless of the format, file size, if it's something I've streamed a million times before or never - frequently has issues IE track lists take a long time to populate, DLNA protocol errors between songs and long delays between selecting the next track, and regular time outs that end all music streaming capabilities and require restarting the media server.

Really frustrating, particularly because I've had 0 issues for the last year and I have changed nothing, this just one day stopped working for me.

Would LOVE any feedback or help...
Reliken

Return to General Help and Support