vob files question

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

vob files question

Postby easye9inches » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:17 pm

New member and first post. I have been searching all over this forum and on google about playing vob files. In this case I am trying to watch my Three Stooges. I converted the whole series from DVD decrypter, and each vob file is an episode. I obviously want to play it as its pure form, so I read to use tsmuxer. When I load up PMS, it all shows up on my PS3 as normal. I go to the folder where they are located, and click and episode. It plays, but the video seems to play slow while the audio is normal. But, if I click the transcode folder, an episode and the *no encode* version it plays perfectly. I never had to play a file through here. So I have no clue if the PS3 firmware did something or this program? Or if I have some settings wrong? Any help would be aprreciated and if you need some more info please ask.

E
easye9inches

Re: vob files question

Postby easye9inches » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:28 pm

Another question I am wondering about is ISO. I know that is also a 1:1 exact copy. I was wondering when I go to the folder on PS3 it shows it and has it as the MENCODER format. Is that normal? Also, as the VOB, it has playing problems. First, it played kinda fast, and the audio sounded like chipmunks. I found out what the audio problem was, but not the video. I tried checking and unchecking everything to no avail. Is there some special tag code I need to input?

E
easye9inches

Re: vob files question

Postby Hairra » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:43 am

I have no issues you mentioned above.

Why not switch to give AppGeeker dvd ripper a try, it is what I always use to extract movies off DVDs, never had problem with it.
Hairra

Return to General Help and Support