No rewind or fast forward options and unknown lenght of mkv

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

No rewind or fast forward options and unknown lenght of mkv

Postby Hubert » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to use PMS as a tool for watching videos at my tv (Philips 6008k), stored on PC.
My problem is that when I try to watch transcoded file using the newest PMS (v. 1.90), I cannot rewind the movie or use fast forward. Also cannot skip at any direction. If I press any of this option on remote controller, the movie (every video file) is starting from the beginning. The only thing I can do is to pause the video and play again. In the place that usually the lenght of video is displayed, all I can see is just "--:--".

These problems doesn't exist when I watch regular, not transcoded videos, although I cannot display polish subtitles then.

In older versions (1.54, 1.82) while playing the video file the displayed lenght is not proper, eg. movie is 45 minutes and I can see that lenght time is changing between 23 and 25 minutes, the progress bar also does not reflect the real progress. And when i try to rewind or ff, it is not working properly as well.

Anyone can help with proper transcode settings or can solve this issue in some other way?
Hubert

Return to General Help and Support