saving transcode files

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

saving transcode files

Postby ps3serverwood » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Hello, I have been using Ps3 server on a couple of computers,win8 and mac - -very impressed with how it allows me to
stream music and videos to ps3 in living room area - I have a few family dvds including one that came in Pal format
from relatives and surprised that the mecoder transcoded it to file that played on our NTSC system - I even was able to
copy the whole file about 6GIG to ps3 - main reason for copying whole file was that sometimes on wireless network it would drop out or stutter but once copied to ps3 it ran perfectly

I was hoping to copy from there to another pc but the file is too big to copy on fat 32 usb key from ps3 - is there a way to find the file when it is transcoded on the server computer and retain a copy there somehow ?
I could see no directory or save location for the file(s) - can it be streamed to another computer from the PS3 server?

appreciate any help or suggestions
ps3serverwood

Re: saving transcode files

Postby meskibob » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:19 pm

You can manually execute the MEncoder command and specify where to save it - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&start=40#p78300
If you want, see the following for an explanation of how the transcoding works and why there's isn't a retainable copy - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6014
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support