PS3-Spotify Unsupported Data Issue - NOOB POST WARNING

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3-Spotify Unsupported Data Issue - NOOB POST WARNING

Postby waxb18 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Hello All

I stumbled across PS3 Media Server by pure chance and have to say that it seems like a fantastic tool which Im hoping will eventually take over from Windows Media Player as my Media Streaming Client and something which i will eventually use to stream media from HTPC to my Projector via PS3 (Saves on wires :D)
Im terms of where I am in my understanding im probably a 3/10 so please be patient and i will do my best to provide what information i can as accurately as i can.

The details of my setup:

PC: Windows 7
PS3: 60GB Classic
PSM: 1.81.0

The reason i chose to use PSM 1.81.0 was due to having the MPlayer Web Audio Streaming Engine which i will be using for Spotify.
Now down to the issue(s).

I have been following the well known guide here -> http://streambly.com.au/guides/spotify-ps3-guide
Initially i installed the latest PSM version (2.1 i think) , however that lacked the Mplayer/Mencoder engine and was using FFMPEG (from my understanding Mencoder uses FFMPEG codecs http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5914078/ffmpeg-vs-mencoder)

So i bounced back to 1.81.0
Initially i had problems connecting to the PS3. The issue was that there were too many javaw.exe processes running so i ended them all and ran PSM again and happy days.

Now following the article i have:
Correctly configure the webconfig file and placed it in the %PROGRARMDATA%/PMS folder
Added the dsbrige ini & dll to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\
Disabled VLC Audio Streaming in PMS

And after all of this where the Spotify Audio Stream should be on my PS3 i see:

Any pointers as to what could be causing this issue?

Thanks
waxb18

Re: PS3-Spotify Unsupported Data Issue - NOOB POST WARNING

Postby waxb18 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:23 pm

No1?
waxb18

Return to General Help and Support