PMS keeps disconnecting

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PMS keeps disconnecting

Postby neviem » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:35 am

yesterday i updated PMS from 1.70.1 to 1.90.1, installed as admin, no problems during installation - before I've uninstalled the older version
But since the update I have following issues:
1. after installing as service PMS will start, I can see it in the service list as running, but when I try to watch something on the TV (Samsung) 'Video' is gray (should be white) and is not accessible. after manual stop of the service and running PMS from the start menu, it will become white and I see list of movies. - so question is, any idea why running as service is not running?
2. after running as described above after some time (15-30 minutes) I will get error - "Media server disconnected", 'Video' will be gray again and I have to restart the PMS to be able to watch again. There is nothing in the debug.log:
INFO 2014-01-04 22:13:24.185 [StartPlaying Event] Started sending D:\movie.avi to Samsung AllShare on 192.168.1.99
INFO 2014-01-04 22:42:30.485 [StopPlaying Event] Stopped sending D:\movie.avi to Samsung AllShare on 192.168.1.99

Any idea, advice will be more than welcome.
neviem

Return to General Help and Support