PS3- How to seek to specific time?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3- How to seek to specific time?

Postby trezza » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Is there a way for me to jump forward in a streaming movie using the ps3 controller or blu ray remote?
The fast forward doesn't seem to work very well- (sometimes not at all with certain files)

Thanks

PS This is a great program! Kudos to all who worked on this!
I am running an i7 with windows 7 on gigabit lan, and it is amazing!
trezza

Re: PS3- How to seek to specific time?

Postby shagrath » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:42 pm

press triangle when playing a video, then you have a jump option between some others
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby trezza » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:06 am

That works with movies and dvds played locally, but it doesn't seem to work with the PS3 media server (ie mkv files, etc) It either stalls and does nothing, or crashes- it doesn't let me jump forward for example, it just stalls- Does it work on yours with media files played over the network?

Thanks again
trezza

Postby shagrath » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:26 am

yes it should
can you try the latest build ? there's something changed about this

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=919

if not, post the debug.log file, something must go wrong
shagrath
Project Lead

Postby trezza » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:35 am

Thanks for the help- so far so good!

I downoaded the latest build (625) and now seek to time is working great- on most videos!
Fast forward 10x or above does't do anything usually it just acts like a screwed up pause
I'n not sure what 'jump ahead is supposed to do' but it seems to go like 10 secs forward or so
One big problem with some vob files- if I jump ahead it jumps and then plays for a few seconds and then the whole media server crashes and closes
It doesn't write any new data to the debug.log from the crash - and then It seems like once that happens the ps3 never is able to recognize the server again-
i tried rebooting ps3, rebooting the pc- I ended up having to reinstall the media server- still arrive at the same problem
this is from pink floyd pulse dvd vobs
(good thing the configs stay the same so when i reinstall I have all my settings!)

Thanks again,
Peter
trezza

Postby trezza » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:16 pm

So it seems like a problem with mencoder? Thats what windows 7 is telling me- mencoder has stopped responding- I don't understand it completely
This happens with vob files when you try to fast forward or jump. Also I have verified that nothing new gets written to the debug.log file- it only remembers the previous time it ran. Maybe this has something to do with win 7 beta? I dont want to waste your time too much I will just avoid those files.
I also noticed that it is no longer reading ISOs-
trezza

Return to General Help and Support