choppy video mkv

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

choppy video mkv

Postby maxone » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:22 am

ok just figured this out this is so cool. how come when i have the maximum bandwidth set to default in advanced network settings my mkv's are choppy. when i take it down to 15/mbs it works perfect. also this is on wireless.

thanks.
maxone

Re: choppy video mkv

Postby stephanie » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:16 pm

i tried maxone' tip with bandwitch settings 15mb/sec, and it works perfectly!

ADMINS of Playstation Media Servers:
You should be all reasons include this info ((15mb/s)) into your software...

I can finally watch my 720p movies on ps3... love you maxone, you deserve a blowjob ;)
stephanie

Postby meskibob » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:20 pm

This is already identified in the FAQ (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=41214#p42818), that you need to set proper values for your network's maximum bandwidth.
I for one will not be setting a value of 15, as I have a gigabit network and therefore leave PMS unrestricted (value of 0). For wireless-G networks, values between 10-15 are usually reasonable. But again, every network is different.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby stephanie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:15 am

Meskibob : thanks for sayin that

However this problem to me is the core of playstation media server.. i use PMS to watch movies, and 720p on my hdtv
is the best option ive.. until i saw maxone's post i never understood that you could do that without laag. Until today actually,

i always thought the issue was hardware on Computer, or network something... I never even know after using pms for a year that
this option existed ' too give maximal bandwidth .. I still think you should have a message of this 'magic' with using 15 and not 100.. as
it is default value by installation ,

Im just saying . I've PMS for one reason, watch movies, 720p is the best quality that most uses , .. Changing ONE thing inside PMS allowed me this magic.
And as a user I never during 1year or so, nor my friends , anyone knew this option existed.. maybe yhou can promote it on the start screen, inside the program, or
inside settings ' ?
stephanie

Postby stephanie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:19 am

like i mean PMS does 1 thing..

watch movies on ps3

with this 'magic' you can actually watch 720 without stuttering.. im still very amazed how changing a value could give so much joy :)
stephanie

Postby maxone » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:36 am

glad i could help you out Stephanie. this was choppiness was driving me absolutely crazy. i had seen this option before but have never had changed now i can enjoy all my movies stream to my ps3. it's going to a small tv so i don't really care to much about quality on this setup.

l8r.
maxone

Return to General Help and Support