After every restart - failed to bind

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

After every restart - failed to bind

Postby themaggo123 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Hey Guys,

iam using PS3 Media Server 1.90.1 on Windows. I love it but i still have two issues.

1. After every restart of the PC, i got the failed to bind error, changing to a different port and restart the PMS works but i guess there is a way to fix it... Any Ideas? What can be the issue?

2. If the MediaServer is on before the PS3, the PS3 shows always "no files available" Only if i restart the PMS, iam able to see my shared Librarys.

Any Ideas how i can fix this two issues?

I always have to go to my PC to fix the booth things before i can start watching...

Thx!

Any help is really appreciated!
themaggo123

Re: After every restart - failed to bind

Postby themaggo123 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:40 pm

anyone? :)
themaggo123

Postby meskibob » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:46 pm

For issue 1, maybe it's a permissions issue? Try re-installing with Run as Administrator on the installer. If not, try some of the other items in the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#p34933
For issue 2, try the following FAQ post - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=22384#p22384
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby inertiamonster » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:56 am

I have issue #1 too, only after installing 1.90.1 on a brand new Windows 8 box. On every boot it fails to bind on the port I have in the settings, but if I change the port and restart the server it binds fine, but if I then reboot on that new port, no luck.

I've added java.exe, javaw.exe and wrapper.exe as exceptions to both my antivirus and Windows firewall (even though that's disabled).
I've done netstat and verified that the PID using that port is actually Java (?!)
After a fresh reboot I've tried restarting the server without touching the port setting with my antivirus completely disabled, it still will not bind until I change the port
I've tried re-installing as admin

Anyone else with any ideas?
inertiamonster

Postby themaggo123 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:41 am

Hey,

i was able to fix this issue by really installing java and pms with administrative rights...
themaggo123

Postby inertiamonster » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:52 am

Thanks. Did another complete uninstall and install as administrator and it seems to be fine now.
inertiamonster

Return to General Help and Support