Rage against the machine...!

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Rage against the machine...!

Postby MaliciousPenguin » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:08 pm

PS3, Laptop (Win7), or PMS!

Right.

I've installed PMS, Java, followed the FAQs, the guides, the lot, and I still get an intermittent connection. Sometimes I'll see PMS in the XMB/showtime and it works perfectly, sometimes I see the box in the XMB and 'no titles', sometimes I see an empty white box with nothing, and sometimes I see nothing.

I've set up my router, I've restarted everything, I've cleared the forced port, I've tried forcing it onto 6001 when 5001 doesn't bind, and I'm just getting more and more frustrated!

I've got two debug logs below: the first is when it didn't bind to 5001, the second is when it did bind to 6001 but didn't display on the PS3:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=AeAJKHjX

Please help me!

PS: I sometimes see the "Protocol Error DLNA 2104" popup.

PPS: As I check it before I click submit, it seems to be working after rebooting the router. If this is all it needed (again), I apologise for spamming the board!
MaliciousPenguin

Re: Rage against the machine...!

Postby MaliciousPenguin » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Follow up: was just playing and froze; says "cpu was too slow to decode this video" in showtime.
MaliciousPenguin

Re: Rage against the machine...!

Postby meskibob » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:53 pm

Per the FAQ (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#pms-pms_faq_connectivity_router), sometimes a router reboot may be required. I've never had this issue with my network setup, but it seems some routers develop issues after/while moving large amounts of content across the LAN. Maybe you need a new router?

As for your showtime issue(s), that is outside the scope of this forum.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support