Failure to bind, Searching for Renderers, Tried everything.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Failure to bind, Searching for Renderers, Tried everything.

Postby Catalm » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Code: Select all
INFO  2013-11-11 09:24:55.423 [main] Using forced address 192.168.2.11
INFO  2013-11-11 09:24:55.423 [main] Created socket: /192.168.2.11:5001
ERROR 2013-11-11 09:24:55.477 [main] A serious error occurred during PMS init
org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelException: Failed to bind to: /192.168.2.11:5001
   at org.jboss.netty.bootstrap.ServerBootstrap.bind(ServerBootstrap.java:303) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at net.pms.network.HTTPServer.start(HTTPServer.java:125) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at net.pms.PMS.init(PMS.java:548) [pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at net.pms.PMS.createInstance(PMS.java:872) [pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at net.pms.PMS.main(PMS.java:949) [pms.jar:1.90.1]
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: bind
   at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
   at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
   at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
   at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
   at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_25]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipelineSink.bind(NioServerSocketPipelineSink.java:148) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipelineSink.handleServerSocket(NioServerSocketPipelineSink.java:100) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipelineSink.eventSunk(NioServerSocketPipelineSink.java:74) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.bind(Channels.java:468) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.AbstractChannel.bind(AbstractChannel.java:192) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.bootstrap.ServerBootstrap$Binder.channelOpen(ServerBootstrap.java:348) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireChannelOpen(Channels.java:176) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketChannel.<init>(NioServerSocketChannel.java:85) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketChannelFactory.newChannel(NioServerSocketChannelFactory.java:142) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketChannelFactory.newChannel(NioServerSocketChannelFactory.java:90) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]
   at org.jboss.netty.bootstrap.ServerBootstrap.bind(ServerBootstrap.java:282) ~[pms.jar:1.90.1]

PMS was working fine a few days ago, then suddenly I started getting this error. So I updated Java here:
https://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Did not work.

I even tried uninstalling all Java software and PMS and redownloading PMS with just the java package it comes with.

Did not work.

So I checked everything on this forum post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#p34933

Specifically I ran netstat -a and didnt see anything under my IP adress/ port (which would be 192.168.2.11:5001 right?)

I also checked my firewall and enabled everything Java.

I checked task manager for double processes. Nothing.

I don't know what else to do i'm stuck! Please help thank you :)
Catalm

Re: Failure to bind, Searching for Renderers, Tried everythi

Postby taconaut » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Sounds like an instance of pms which didn't shut down properly. Either kill all javaw.exe processes (pms will be one of those) or restart your PC.
If you always wanted to have your most recent videos at the top of the folder in the ps3 or wished you could group all videos with the same genre in one folder, have a look at pms-mlx
taconaut
Project Member

Postby Catalm » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:21 pm

I tried this as well. Still nothing! I don't understand. Can it be something with java?
Catalm

Postby Raptor399 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm

You have checked everything I would have checked. :|

I wouldn't suspect Java, because you only updated it *after* the error started to appear.
Plus the error is a clear network binding problem; it is unlikely that Java would start to cause those all of a sudden out of the blue.

Try to retrace your steps; what has changed since the last time you remember when PMS was still working?
E.g. new software, Windows updates, etc?
Raptor399
Project Member

Postby meskibob » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Provide the command output of the "ipconfig -all" command from the command prompt, and provide the output of the "netstat -a" command. You can PM me those outputs if you're not comfortable posting MAC addresses on a public forum.
Assuming those will look ok (still provide so I can confirm), unforce the IP address setting in PMS, disable ALL firewall/protection applications, restart PMS, wait for the bind error, and then provide the full debug.log.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Catalm » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Meskibob I will PM you with this information, thank yo so much. I think its confusion with the IP. I am just really not an expert in ports and these sorts of things. PM incoming soon!
Catalm

Postby meskibob » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:40 am

Per your ipconfig and netstat, you forced the incorrect IP address. The listed IP address of your machine is 192.168.2.28, not 192.168.2.11.
As stated in the FAQ (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#pms-pms_faq_connectivity_bind), if you're going to force the IP address, it must be the IP address of the server. The server is the computer that is running PMS, not the PS3.
However, the better thing to do (as the FAQ indicates) is to just clear the force IP setting. There is no value in setting it unless you have multiple IPs for a single NIC, which you do not.

So, please clear that setting in PMS, and let us know if there are any other issues. Make sure to follow the rest of the help points in that FAQ post prior to posting an issue, although feel free to ask for clarification if you need it.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Catalm » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Meskibob,

Thanks for the help. It seems all it well with my PMS at this point, as I am getting the "server should appear on your renderer" now. However, the PS3 still will not show up on my PMS. Something strange I noticed, when this WAS working a week ago, on the PS3 I always saw (2) icons. 1 of a white square windows symbol called my PC, and another black PS3 icon which was the one I clicked to access my files.

Now I ONLY see the white windows PC symbol, and not the black PS3.

When I click the white windows symbol it says "Access to the media server is not allowed. It is possible that the system name for this PS3 system, "PS3 368" has not been registered. Check settings for the media server".

But it always said that. Anyways not sure if that means anything.

Also something weird I noticed. I did NOT force any IP address like you suggested, but then it seems to have used a completely different IP address that I dont know instead of my 192.168.2.28.

I tried forcing the 192.168.2.28 as well but still nothing.

Is it possible my network settings for my PS3 are the issue? Again I looked through the whole faq and tried about everything (running as admin, cancelling java.exe, etc). Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you so much.
Catalm

Return to General Help and Support