Subtitles not showing.....................v1.90.1

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Subtitles not showing.....................v1.90.1

Postby Niko » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi everyone ,
i have just registered to the forum because i have a common problem like many other people with the subtitles......Although i have read a lot and tried many settings , still i am not able to stream movies with external subtitles from my pc to tv......

Can please someone tell me the settings of how can i watch English movies with Hungarian subtitles (yes i have the subtitles in the same folder as the movie and have given exactly the same name...subtitles are in .SRT file)

Also, do i have to Specify True Type font for subtitles ????? where do i find these fonts because in my Windows font folder don't find anything?????

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!
Niko

Re: Subtitles not showing.....................v1.90.1

Postby Raptor399 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:31 am

"C:\Windows\Fonts" is where font file "Arial.ttf" ought to live. By default, PMS will use this font, so you wouldn't have to set it specifically.

You could try settings the Central European Windows code page, by opening the tab "Transcoding Settings", click "Common Transcode Settings" and select tab "Subtitle settings".
There you will find "Codepage for non-Unicode subtitles". Select "cp1250 /* Windows - Eastern Europe */" and save the settings.
Raptor399
Project Member

Re: Subtitles not showing.....................v1.90.1

Postby Niko » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:56 pm

Raptor399 thanks a lot for your reply.......

I have tried it but nothing........so i uninstalled it...........There is a small media server by the name Home Media Server that can stream subtitles with not having to set up anything.....Just picks up the external subtitles that are on the same folder like your movies and streams them.......

Thanks
Niko

Return to General Help and Support