HTTP 500 Error, java.lang.NullPointerException

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

HTTP 500 Error, java.lang.NullPointerException

Postby Chokehold » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi,

I was fiddling around about a month ago and started tinkering with virtual folders. Long story short, it did not go over well.
I updated to 1.90.1 (1.90.2-SNAPSHOT is what I've tested with tonight) and this spawned the HTTP 500 Error.

At least it only does so from .rar files now.
I removed the vfolders line completely from PMS.conf and rebooted both PMS and then the entire computer.
When that didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the server software.
I have updated Java to 7.0.40 both 32-bit and 64-bit tonight, which Java said I needed to if I run a 64-bit machine.
I tried the new tempdir solution I found in another thread about this issue.

Extracted files work just fine, but not so much from .rar files anymore.

From what I can find in the debug.log, there's a java pointer gone awry somewhere and somehow, and this is messing with the extractor. I could be wrong.
I would very much appreciate any pointers (no pun intended) or advice you can give me about this.

Contents from debug.log pasted below:

http://pastebin.com/3rkY2U36

Thanks!
Choke
Chokehold

Re: HTTP 500 Error, java.lang.NullPointerException

Postby KeFor » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:49 pm

I second that!

I installed a new OS on my computer and therefore installed the latest version of PS3MS. Now I am not able to play files from .rar archives anymore. Would be grateful if someone could pick up this thread and find a solution.

Regards,
K
KeFor

Return to General Help and Support