Help with PC to PS3 via Powerline with no router.

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Help with PC to PS3 via Powerline with no router.

Postby The3rdPlace » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:44 am

Is it possible to just LAN a PC to a PS3 via powerline with no router on the network at all? I've tried playing with the adapter settings on PC and PS3 but PMS still can't see the PS3 or vice-versa. What do I need to do to make sure they can see each other on powerline?

Thanks for any help.
The3rdPlace

Re: Help with PC to PS3 via Powerline with no router.

Postby meskibob » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:47 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Help with PC to PS3 via Powerline with no router.

Postby d3m0n1q_733rz » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:07 pm

I would also like to point out that doing so will make it difficult to play online games as you would require internet passthrough from one NIC to another enabled in Windows or Linux or whatever you're using. Though easier said than done, it's possible and I've done it. But, if you have a router, I suggest using it and blocking anything you don't want others to see via specific IP addresses. It takes the hassle out of it. The bandwidth between your PC, router and PS3 is going to be more than is required to stream, so you'll see no real benefit from directly connecting...unless you're on Gigabit internet. In that case, your internet would saturate your bandwidth and you would require some QoS settings to ensure that PMS managed to get a stream through. It's up to you if you want to try it, but you'll be required to have the PC on for internet to the PS3, and it's not of much benefit.
d3m0n1q_733rz

Return to General Help and Support