Getting "Unsupported Data" for FLAC files PMS 1.90.1

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Getting "Unsupported Data" for FLAC files PMS 1.90.1

Postby ilya22 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:12 pm

I have Windows 7 and K-Lite codec pack (if it matters) and I can't stream FLAC, I get "Unsupported Data".
I noticed that when I go to the file info on the PS3, I can see the file info and it it says "FFmpeg audio"

Any ideas why it doesn't work?
ilya22

Re: Getting "Unsupported Data" for FLAC files PMS 1.90.1

Postby meskibob » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:24 pm

Try the latest snapshot build - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14753
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Getting "Unsupported Data" for FLAC files PMS 1.90.1

Postby d3m0n1q_733rz » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:04 pm

This is a problem with the renderer file and can be fixed by doing the following:
Locate the PS3.conf file located in the renderers folder of your PMS installation folder (Usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\PS3 Media Server" anymore).
Open PS3.conf in a text editor such as Notepad or GEdit.
Scroll down to "TranscodeAudio =" and add LPCM to make it absolutely the default audio codec used for transcoded audio.
(Optional) Scroll down to "ChunkedTransfer =" and add True to the end of it. Not necessary, but it makes the data being sent more honest to the PS3.
(Optional and controversial) Scroll down further to "DLNAOrgPN =" and add True to it as well.

Finally, the one thing that makes FLAC work.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom and replace the supported audio section with this which comments out the wav format and replaces it with what is actually supported as-per the PS3 manual. Bear in mind that I have not tested this with 6 channels, so it may need to be reduced to 2 if you have trouble playing 5.1 audio:

# Supported audio formats:
Supported = f:lpcm n:6 s:48000 m:audio/l16
#Supported = f:wav a:dts|lpcm n:6 s:48000 m:audio/wav
Supported = f:mp3 n:2 m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:aac n:2 m:audio/x-m4a a:(?!alac).+
Supported = f:wma n:2 m:audio/x-ms-wma
Supported = f:atrac n:2 m:audio/x-oma
d3m0n1q_733rz

Return to General Help and Support