ffmpeg change fontsize and doubt about mencoder

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

ffmpeg change fontsize and doubt about mencoder

Postby edu.sachs » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi People!

I have an XBox 360, and I use the PMS for play my MKV files with external subtitles using ffmpeg codec ( [FFmpeg] ), but, the size of subtitles is small in my television (Panasonic Plasma 42").

I really tryed to change the font size of these external subtitles without forum's help, but, I ended up burning my brain.

- I tryed to use the option ffmpeg_video_options_custom in PMS.conf, unsuccessful.
- I tryed to use the font options of Mencoder (remember, I use FFmpeg), unsuccessful.
- I read the debug.log file for try to solve this problem, unsuccessful.
- I really thought put the option "fontsize" in the code, hehehehehehe, but, I'm not developer.

That's it, this is my problem about of size external subtitles. It possible to solve this problem?

Now, I have a doubt, Can I use Mencoder in my XBox 360? How?

Thanks!
edu.sachs

Re: ffmpeg change fontsize and doubt about mencoder

Postby edu.sachs » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 pm

up

Nobody have an answer for to solve this problem?
edu.sachs

Re: ffmpeg change fontsize and doubt about mencoder

Postby d3m0n1q_733rz » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Hmm...I don't personally use subtitles, but if I did I would play around with the Sub Margin setting in the Subtitles menu under Transcoding settings. However, this will only affect transcoded data (or data in your transcode folder) and I can't make any promises as to what it will actually do. You can also change its color!
d3m0n1q_733rz

Return to General Help and Support