Choppy Video

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Choppy Video

Postby reaser » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:54 am

I'm getting to the point where I'm so furious I'm going to go back to burning DVDs. PS3 media server worked flawlessly for me going back to I think it was version 1.5. The last few updates have broken everything. None of my videos play without stopping every few seconds before restarting.

I've read over and over how 1080 HD will not run over wireless so I've run a cable just to test from the 2nd floor to the first floor. And what do you know, the same skipping issue. Where can I find the old versions because these new versions flat out suck.
reaser

Re: Choppy Video

Postby t0mmyr » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:59 am

https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserve ... list?can=1

i recommend 1.81 but if you find this one still choppy for you and find another older one thats better please let me know, i couldn't watch 1 movie last night that i really wanted to watch, gonna try remuxing it when i have time
t0mmyr

Postby meskibob » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:09 pm

You should follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=41214#p42818
Note the item regarding remuxing with tsMuxeR from the #Transcode# folder.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby soupandsalad » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:29 pm

Sooooo I had this same problem then i hardwired my ps3 to my router. Problem solved. I have an original fat ps3 so it must have a miserable wifi card. My laptops are wireless, tho cause they're newer and have no problem sending info across the network. Hope this works for ya.
soupandsalad

Return to General Help and Support