Panasonic Plasma Not playing most files

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Panasonic Plasma Not playing most files

Postby oreste191 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:50 am

Hi,
I've been using PSM for little over a year on PS3 with little to no problem. I am hoping to switch all together to my Panasonic GT30 but I run into problem with certain content (file formats). Even when I try transcoding my tv says "cannot read file". According to the panasonic website the tv can play "Certain JPEG, SD-Video, AVCHD, MP4 files, MKV files, MPEG-2 files, MP3 files, AAC files and LPCM files can be shared using the DLNA feature. Please see the Owner's Manual for the additional requirements." But most files won't play, even mp4s.

I've attached my debug file in hopes that someone can help me configure PSM properly.
Attachments
debug.log.zip
(5.93 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
oreste191

Re: Panasonic Plasma Not playing most files

Postby roobieroo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:36 pm

I'm having the same issue on my Panasonic VT30. Even though I use the exact same presets to rip DVD's, sometimes the audio is out of sync and for other movies the audio is perfectly fine. Even if I try and play the movie straight off of a USB drive the audio will still get out of sync. The fix for this used to be to force transcoding for .m4v files so the audio would be in sync but I think that since 1.9 came out I can no longer transcode files with PMS and my Panasonic TV. As you stated, everything is fine when going through my PS3 instead. If you do find a fix for being able to transcode files with your TV I hope you come back and post your solution.
roobieroo

Return to General Help and Support