Lost connectivity with 1.90

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Lost connectivity with 1.90

Postby romcollector » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Good morning,

As a cartoon collector, I made a home theater setup using PMS for over a year. Everything always worked perfectly (or almost, but that's normal), wired or wireless. Never needed to tweak anything.

So basically I have Win 7 x64 system containing 4 HD with over 12TB of cartoons (yah, I'm a freak) --> Dlink 601(1.02, don't like the 1.04) --> LG 3D BP420B (drivers updated) and wired. Let's keep it simple :). I got the nero homemedia disk with my system, but I always prefered PMS for it's faster indexing features.

So everything works well with PMS 1.81 from 2D to 3D streaming. Only had some problems with Cowboy Bebop episodes and the LG system, but going thru the PS3 instead for those made the streaming possible.

But then I switched to 1.90 and things changed a bit.

Before: PMS 1.81 detected my LG BP420B as an unknown renderer. Accessing movies from the LG menu was taking some time for indexing, but the folder and file were accessed withing 30 seconds or so. File access ok, playback ok.

After: PMS 1.90 detected my LG system as a Vizio Smart TV. Accessing movies from the LG menu was INSTANT (which got me excited of course...Geek stuff). File access was ok, but when PMS tried to send the movie, things went bad. The buffer was going up, and then showed an impressive -8 billion mb. So no file could go thru the network and my LG BP420B had to be manually disconnected (hard reset) because of the crash.

So I don't really have a problem since I found PMS 1.81 and things are back up and running, but I was just wondering why 1.90 hated me so much ^^

Thanks in advance for your help and great software btw ^^!
romcollector

Re: Lost connectivity with 1.90

Postby romcollector » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Will be trying today's 1.90.1 update, as soon as the kids are done with the movie ^^

Edit: Meh working, but on some files only. Buffer still going crazy and file starts after a minute. Still got 1.81 and nerohomemedia for now, should be fixed in the upcoming version.

These things happen :)
romcollector

Return to General Help and Support