disable flac transcoding and files tripling up

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

disable flac transcoding and files tripling up

Postby willie_mctell » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:37 pm

I have two dlna clients, a Samsung music player and an Onkyo receiver, that support flac files natively. I've been trying to suppress flac transcoding without any luck. In the "Skip transcoding..." option on the video tab of the Transcoding Options sections I've tried entering flac in three ways, flac, .flac, and ".flac". All show up in the config file as entered. I still see the #transcode# pseudo folder on the file list in the clients. Is there a way to disable flac transcoding? Am I misunderstanding the syntax for the disable option?

Another problem is that in directories with playlist files (cue and m3u) I get three of each file on the device playlist when I play the directory. I've tried both moving the playlists to a different directory and renaming them. The 3 of each device playlists still come back. In directories without playlist files I don't have this problem. That's what led me to think the playlists were the problem. Do need to remove or rename all the playlist files--I have hundreds--and delete and re-add the music directories to the list on the server? I'm hoping there's a simpler solution.
willie_mctell

Re: disable flac transcoding and files tripling up

Postby willie_mctell » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:35 pm

I've uploaded my debug log that shows the problem to http://pastebin.com/m1EbBa86 I'm using snapshot build 1.90.1. The directory I'm playing is a CD rip with no playlist file. I'm playing it using the Android renderer profile on a Samsung Galaxy 4.0 music player (not a phone) Android v 2.35. The DLNA client is BubbleUPNP. The playlist generated by choosing to play the directory contents contains two versions of each file, a flac file and a, presumably, transcoded mp3 file. Each file gets played.
willie_mctell

Return to General Help and Support