PSM not showing up on PS3

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PSM not showing up on PS3

Postby darkxyder » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 pm

I have followed the FAQ down to the letter but I still can't get PSM to show up on my PS3. I had it working before but I recently moved into a new home and I still have the same router but my computer is now hooked up through a switch instead of directly into the router like my PS3. Could that be causing the problem?

Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/rprk5bRj
darkxyder

Re: PSM not showing up on PS3

Postby darkxyder » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:24 am

Nevermind. I fixed it. Turned out I had to disable my IGMP Proxy on my router due to the fact that my computer is connected to the network via MOCA bridge. Mods feel free to close this thread and sorry for any inconvenience I caused anyone :)
darkxyder

Re: PSM not showing up on PS3

Postby dskyba » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:42 am

I recently had a DSL speed upgrade and suddenly my PMS would not connect my PC to either of my 2 PS3's. The PS3 icon would not show up in the PMS GUI after a restart server, and even though the WMP icon appeared, neither PS3 could see any shared folders (either from PMS or using WMp as a media server). Before this network change everything connected beautifully and I was streaming media from a central PC to both PS3's all the time without any problems.

So for the past 3 evenings I tried everything on the router, everything on the PS3, and tons of stuff on Windows. Everything was powered up and down and re-booted dozens of times. I read hundreds of threads from people having similar issues.

Reading here, I came across these threads about IGMP Proxy and it seemed it should be disabled, and it was by default. So i did not change that setting for 3 days. But after exhausting all other possibilities, I said WTF and enabled it under the "Advanced/MulitCast" area of my Frontier Netgear 7550 router. Immediately, PMS found the PS3 on the PC interface, and when I went to both PS3's, all shared folders were there!!!

I do not know WTF this IGMP Proxy and Multicast are exactly, even if I read some network mumbo-jumbo about it while researching this problem. But I know changing it worked, so don't be afraid to try.

Dan
dskyba

Return to General Help and Support