Renderer not found?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Renderer not found?

Postby Jack Lias » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:27 pm

I understand this issue has been posted about a lot on these forums, and I've already been to a great deal of different threads about it and tried the solutions posted, but a lot of times, I didn't completely understand them, or they simply didn't work. So, I was hoping to get more... personalized help. Please note that I'm nearly completely technologically inept when it comes to this kind of thing.

Here's my debug log: http://pastebin.com/FytnS9LR

Things I've tried:

* Allowing PS3 Media Server through Windows Firewall.
* Completely disabling Windows Firewall.
* Allowing PS3 Media Server and Java through Avast.
* Completely disabling Avast.
* Forcing network settings.
* Port forwarding.
* Restarting server.

Nothing has worked. Both the PS3 and my PC are on wireless.

The router is Cisco DPC3825. Here's a screenshot of my (probably shoddy) attempt at port forwarding:

Here's a screenshot of my PS3 Media Server configuration:

So... any help you could offer would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Jack Lias

Re: Renderer not found?

Postby meskibob » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:44 pm

Follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#p34933
If you need assistance with a specific help point, try searching Google, and if needed post a specific question here.
Some notes:
  1. You say you're on wireless, yet you're forcing a gigabit NIC...
  2. Port forwarding is not required (as noted in the FAQ)
  3. A quick google search (https://community.shaw.ca/thread/6409) reveals that there may be an issue with DLNA connections over wifi with this router
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Jack Lias » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:48 pm

Thanks. Part of being as technologically-inept as I am, I don't know what to search Google for, and I don't even understand half of what's posted at that Shaw link. I'll try giving my PS3 a static IP. Would that fix the problem?

EDIT: Okay, I'm not quite sure how, but it's working now. After trying to unsuccessfully give it a static IP and run a failed internet connection test, I put in the previous connection information. Suddenly, the PS3 Media Server is now showing up.
Jack Lias

Postby meskibob » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:07 pm

Where in the FAQ does it say to assign a static IP address?
Again, follow the items listed in that FAQ post, and if you need help with one of the items listed, post specific questions here.

Edit: glad to hear it's working. If you happen to run into additional issues, the advice above still holds ;)
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support