Unable to find Xbox360

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Unable to find Xbox360

Postby Derkis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:05 am

Hi all,

Very recently I've been unable to find PMS from my Xbox360, and the Xbox does not show up in the list of renderers. I suspect it has something to do with my router, but I'm not sure what to try to fix it. My setup is as follows:

Copmuter (ethernet, 192.168.1.149)---> WB N600 --->Xbox (wifi, 192.168.1.108)

I've tried opening the default port (5001), and I can see the line "INFO 2013-07-31 23:52:10.581 [UPNPHelper] No IP filter specified, access granted to /192.168.1.108", but it is still as if the Xbox cannot see PMS and vice versa.

debug.log from the snapshot build: http://pastebin.com/mL9nvmzn

Any advice?
Derkis

Re: Unable to find Xbox360

Postby meskibob » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Follow the FAQ - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3507&p=32731#p34933
Note: You're in the After UDP Broadcast section.
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Derkis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm afraid that was the first place I looked with no success.

• Router has been rebooted
  • Firewalls are off
  • Wireless isolation is not an optiion on my router
  • No UDP options on my router
  • UPnP has been tried both on and off
  • I am able to see Plex media server on the Xbox running from the same PC
  • Haven't been able to find any information about UPnP/DLNA problems for this router on Google
  • Network location set to "Home"
  • Devices are on same subnet
  • Both server and device have valid IP's and can access the network
  • To my knowledge the Xbox doesn't have any specific DLNA settings, but it is able to see Plex media server so I'm assuming everything is fine Xbox-side

Any other suggestions? I'm sure other people have used this router with PMS successfully.
Derkis

Postby meskibob » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:32 pm

If Plex is working, then there shouldn't be an issue with the router or the Xbox.
Typically this kind of situation comes down to missing a setting in a protection program on the PC.
Are you sure ALL firewalls are off, and did you just mean firewalls on the router, or are your software firewalls disabled as well? You can temporarily test by disabling all firewall and protection programs to see if you're missing a setting.

You should also check if you have multiple instances of PMS open (look at the number of javaw.exe processes running in the Task Manager).
I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby Derkis » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:50 pm

I just went to double check that all my firewalls were turned off, and I noticed in my network settings that there was still a network listed as "Public". I have multiple networks there and it looks like I had the wrong network set to "Home" *facepalm*. The network numbers in the Network and Sharing Center don't match up with my actual interface numbering (eth3, which is my active connection, was listed as Local Area Connection 6 or something like that).

Thanks for your assistance, I doubt I would have noticed that without your guidance. I'm glad it was something stupid like that and not my router causing the issue
Derkis

Postby meskibob » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:54 pm

Glad you resolved your issue.
meskibob

Return to General Help and Support