PS3 freezes also PC

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 freezes also PC

Postby Lycanthrope » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:55 am

I'm having issue playing mkv 1080P and 720P. The playback stops randomly, never on the same timetrack. The PS3 is reporting 80710723 issues and some googeling it tells me that I need to open some ports or put the PS3 in a DMZ zone. The suggested ports are TCP: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP: 3478-3479, 3658 but that didn't work, likewise the DMZ.

So i thought maybe it's my router, I've a Telia "Smart" Thomson TG789vn, broadband, phone, TV build in one unit. I replaced the "Smart" router with a previous router that worked flawless earlier for me, in my previously condo a, Linksys E1000 Wireless-N router with no special config. But that didn't helped me at all. I also tried to put the PS3 on a DMZ with linksys router, open ports an so on. The playback still stops randomly and I've to reboot the computer, so I can't provide you with any logs since it clears it out for me when I reboot the computer. I've turned off everything when it comes to firewall in router/windows/antivirus.

I also tried using a switch with QoS separately between "Smart" or the Linksys router, with no results. Also tried with static IP to the PS3, uPnP enabled and disabled. Or connect everything to a switch (no internet)

I even reinstalled Windows, PMS 1.82.0, Java

Playing a movie with transcode seems to work little better, it only requires 1-2 reboots of the computer lol, meanwhile mencoder does not work as well as the transcode. One last thing I've tried to force the PS3 with my network card in the PMS, also tried to open the default port in PMS in my router, also tried a different port.

Something else I can do? Please help me, running out of ideas now

Thank you
Lycanthrope

Re: PS3 freezes also PC

Postby chrissiecool » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:18 pm

i'm assuming you have updated your java recently. 1.82.0 and 1.81.0 just don't play hd files at all since i updated to the latest java build. Go back to 1.72 https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserve ... e&can=1&q= and hopefully you should be ok
chrissiecool

Re: PS3 freezes also PC

Postby Lycanthrope » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:37 am

chrissiecool wrote:i'm assuming you have updated your java recently. 1.82.0 and 1.81.0 just don't play hd files at all since i updated to the latest java build. Go back to 1.72 https://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserve ... e&can=1&q= and hopefully you should be ok

Thank you, I've installed PMS 1.72 and I can now watch movies with mencoder without any problems =) I hope it will be permanent and not just a coincidence that 3 out of 3 movies (watching stargate Atlantis with 720P) actually works :D
I can't believe how much effort I put on this to get it to work with PMS 1.82 and all I had to do was rolling back to a previously version of PMS.

I'm curious over why 1.82 won't work but 1.72 does
Lycanthrope

Return to General Help and Support