Playback speeds up randomly, audio stays the same

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Playback speeds up randomly, audio stays the same

Postby wousch » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello.

I have been using PMS for a couple of years now, and even though it at times have been pretty buggy my experience with the software is mostly positive.
I am in no way an advanced user who is used to fiddling with settings etc, I like when things just work and can be left alone.

The issue I have I have always had with PMS, it has been the same for every version of the software for atleast four years, and because it is so random it may be hard to fix, but it might still be worth a try to ask about it.

Sometimes when watching videos, after a cuople of minutes of viewing, the video starts to speed up to double speed while the audio stays the same.
If i pause the video and press play again, the video is still on double speed, and if i try to rewind or fast forward the video goes crazy and starts to jump around in its content at random, but if i instead go in to "scene selection" and select a different scene (ex jump one minute back in time in the video) the video returns to normal and continues to play fine for a couple of minutes before it speeds up again.

I have searched the forums and FAQ about this issue, it is not mentioned in the FAQ but there are a couple of threads from 2010 that describes the same issue, but nowhere does anybody come up with a solution.

This have happened to me occasionally during the years i have used PMS and seems to occur totaly at random, not often enough for me to stop using the software, but not seldom enough for me to not be annoyed by it.

I'm using a Windows 7 64 bit PC with a core i5 processor, i have a wired connection from my PC to my PS3 that goes trough a router from Netgear, the version of PMS i'm using is 1.82.0

the files i latest had these issues with is:

50.50.2011.DVDScr.XviD-playXD.avi
The.Fall.2007.BrRip.720.x264.YIFY.mkv

While watching 50.50.2011.DVDScr.XviD-playXD.avi i tried to see if using any of the transcoding options from the folder on the PS3s XMB would help, it didn't.
On The.Fall.2007.BrRip.720.x264.YIFY.mkv i have not tried any transcoding options. The transcoding settings in PMS is the default ones that the software ships with.

Both the files have external subtitles in .srt files.

I would be very happy if anyone could help me with this issue since it is by far my biggest and most common problem with PMS.

thanks in advance!
wousch

Re: Playback speeds up randomly, audio stays the same

Postby ForteXX » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:14 am

Ive been having this problem, in addition to another, for quite a while now. But subtitles are embedded in my case (anime MKV files, various shows, various groups). OS: Windows 8.1 (have had problems with this since Windows 7). Other info should be same as above.

Uploading current debug, its got a bit built up due to me never removing it, so its large now. The file this last occurred on was 'Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S - 14', which I see no errors for, so I may need to do trace logging to see if I can get more info about it.

Apparently mediafire hates my debug, so dropbox it is. Debug
ForteXX

Return to General Help and Support