Peak bitrate 1 Mb/s on gigabit?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Peak bitrate 1 Mb/s on gigabit?

Postby urmystlkal » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:56 pm

I formatted my computer and reinstalled PMS, but now my videos no longer work. I'm wired w/ gigabit network and still using Windows 7 64 bit like previously.

On the PS3 I can see the pms and can see the files. When I click a .mkv to play, it will open it, but the movie is unplayable. It gives no errors but will play in spurts.

When looking under "Traces" on PMS it says that it is connected to my ps3 at 512Mb/s like it previously did and under "General Configuration" I have the maximum bandwidth set at 300. It seems my settings are the same however when trying to play a movie under "Status" the peak bitrate shows 1 Mb/s.

I know with PMS I shouldn't need to download any codecs but I I thought maybe that was the problem so I've installed them and can play the movies fine on the computer now but still not able to on the ps3. I am on the latest version of Java and PMS. What am I missing or forgetting? Thanks for any help.
urmystlkal

Re: Peak bitrate 1 Mb/s on gigabit?

Postby urmystlkal » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:19 am

Any ideas? I've read through the FAQ but still having the problem
urmystlkal

Return to General Help and Support