Ps3 firmware 4.46

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Ps3 firmware 4.46

Postby dharlequin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 am

I've been using ps3 with media servers for about 6 years now, 2-3 of them I was using PSM. Never really had any problems, it's a fine piece of software.

So I turned on my ps3 several days ago, and there was a new firmware waiting for me. I decided to skip the update for now and just watch a movie. After that I wanted to make a break before the 2nd movie and check the ps store, so I was forced to update. As it turns out it kinda did something to how the system works with media servers, as all of the videos became unwatchable. Even the one I had just seen 10 minutes ago. So it's pretty obvious that it has something to do with the new firmware.

I have tried different solutions from this forum, different sets of codes, reinstalling and rebooting all I could think of. The result is the same, videos freeze, stutter and skip. The bitrate goes up to unimaginable 200-300 mbps. That is unthinkable.

I wonder if any one had the same problems after update and how they coped with them.
dharlequin

Re: Ps3 firmware 4.46

Postby stillman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:33 pm

I've had no problems with the update.
stillman

Return to General Help and Support