Is the polling rate (or keep alive) adjustable?

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Is the polling rate (or keep alive) adjustable?

Postby justmatt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:37 pm

I recently wiped and reloaded my SSD, and that included a reinstallation of PMS. Everything is working fine, all my settings restored, except for one minor detail: Prior to the reload, my PS3 would find the Media Server almost as soon as I turned it on and flipped over to the Video section. Now it takes anywhere from 10-15 seconds to as much as 3-4 minutes for PMS to show up on my Video list. If I manually restart the server in PMS it will of course show up immediately. Is there some way to adjust the polling rate down, maybe a setting that I changed a long time ago under my old installation that I don't remember changing? I've looked all through the configuration and didn't see anything. Thanks.
justmatt

Re: Is the polling rate (or keep alive) adjustable?

Postby meskibob » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:43 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Re: Is the polling rate (or keep alive) adjustable?

Postby justmatt » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. I read through that "dummies" post and completely missed that post. I specifically remember seeing the one right after it, too, so now I feel silly about that. With regard to the fix suggested in the post you linked, I checked my firewall just to be sure, and the entire IP range of 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.255 (My PS3 is on 192.168.0.105) is in the "trusted zone," so I don't believe it's a firewall issue.

However, the way I wrote that in my first post was misleading, and my mistake. While I did recently reload my SSD, that's actually irrelevant to this issue. I reloaded my SSD two days ago, and PMS worked normally (the old way) since then. This morning, I uninstalled and reinstalled ONLY PMS, to move it to a different installation location on my computer. After that reinstallation, I'm getting the described behavior. The only thing that changed was the installation location of PMS; no network, software, or infrastructure changes took place. Literally the only thing that changed was the removal & reinstallation of PMS. Any other ideas?
justmatt

Return to General Help and Support