Solution to (fix) DLNA error 2104 when using Xperia Z

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

Solution to (fix) DLNA error 2104 when using Xperia Z

Postby neilskiski » Fri May 31, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi.
Brand new here.
I have seen numerous fixes for this error message when using a P.C. Normally the answer seems to be something about the computers firewall.
Well, i cant do that, as my problem is when i use my Xperia Z as a server.
My PS3 has found, and ive added my Xperia Z. I can find and play music stored on my phone...for a limited time, it seems.
What generally happens, and it happens wherever my phone is in the room..3 metres away or sitting on my PS3, is i can find the album-track and play, then anytime after, it will stop playing, skip to the next, play, stop, skip, then eventually, stop, all track/album details disappear, and then the DLNA protocol error 2104 message appears.
I cant find any settings on my phones "Media server Settings" concerning access.
Or, do i still need to access my P.C,s firewall settings, as my phones content, is actually being published through my Sky router. Did i just answer my own question there. Lol.
Anyway....help please, as like i said, no one else seems to have had this problem with their Xperia.
neilskiski

Return to General Help and Support