pms doesn't recognise ps3 - no renderers were found

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

pms doesn't recognise ps3 - no renderers were found

Postby cura » Sun May 19, 2013 1:57 am

I'm trying to get pms working, but it isn't able to recognise my ps3. The status remains 'No renderers were found'. I've tried first switching on the ps3, then the media server, and the reverse order, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

The PC is running windows 7, dual core intel 3.4Ghz CPU, 3GB Ram, Radeon HD 6670. PMS is version 1.81.0. PC and PS3 are on the same wireless network. The PS3 connects to the router/modem via wifi. The PC connects to the same router/modem via a Netgear wireless USB modem. The debug log can be found here http://pastebin.com/ZjtXRLtE
cura

Re: pms doesn't recognise ps3 - no renderers were found

Postby meskibob » Sun May 19, 2013 2:40 am

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby cura » Sun May 19, 2013 3:53 am

Actually, I've already done that - should have mentioned it. I've tried selecting my wireless usb modem from the drop down list of network interfaces. Doesn't change anything. Also I have tried setting up pms on my laptop, which connects directly through inbuilt wifi, and which has no other connection method - same problem. The program doesn't see the ps3.

Additionally, I've tried disabling the firewall entirely. Doesn't change anything either.
cura

Postby cura » Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 am

So there's nothing else I can do?
cura

Return to General Help and Support