AVI not playing/transcoding

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

AVI not playing/transcoding

Postby leecs1980 » Sat May 18, 2013 3:47 pm

I've currently got PS3 Media Server running on my Windows XP Professional Installed Desktop PC. It has a newly created .conf file for my Blu-Ray Player (Panasonic DMP-BDT120) which seems to pick some files up from the Media Server ie it can Play, Pause, FF and Rew .mp4 files without too much trouble.

I cannot get .avi files to play/transcode on this Blu-Ray Player at the moment. According to the Media Server, all 'Video Files Engines' are loaded and present (they are all green). When I navigate through the folders on my Blur-Ray Players DLNA Client, the original file is greyed out. If I go into the 'TRANSCODE' folder, all other options are greyed out apart from the transcoded file using 'tsMuxEr'. If this is selected, the plyer says 'please wait' but then never does anything. If I check the 'Traces' Tab on PS3 Media Server, there is a 'StartPlayingEvent' followed by a 'StopPlayingEvent' in about 3-5 seconds.

Can anyone give any advice as to what to do next?
leecs1980

Return to General Help and Support