PS3 sees WMP, PMS sees WPM; they can't see each other

For help and support with PS3 Media Server in general
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply.

PS3 sees WMP, PMS sees WPM; they can't see each other

Postby hogdahl.thomas » Mon May 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Last edited by hogdahl.thomas on Mon May 13, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hogdahl.thomas

Re: PS3 sees WMP, PMS sees WPM; they can't see each other

Postby meskibob » Mon May 13, 2013 5:33 pm

I provide NO application support via PM or email, so please post your question to the forum per the Forum Rules.
meskibob

Postby hogdahl.thomas » Thu May 16, 2013 6:00 pm

I followed the FAQ and it still doesn't work.

It's been working for years; I don't understand why it stopped now.
hogdahl.thomas

Postby daenks » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:20 am

http://puu.sh/35Ahj
http://puu.sh/35qiP
If I force renderer on WMP nothing shows on video folders of my ps3
and if I won't force renderer after watching for like 15 - 30 seconds the audio and the subtitles gets out of synch with the video... I don't know what to do
daenks

Postby Raptor399 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:21 am

daenks wrote:If I force renderer on WMP nothing shows on video folders of my ps3
and if I won't force renderer after watching for like 15 - 30 seconds the audio and the subtitles gets out of synch with the video... I don't know what to do

Forcing a different renderer profile isn't the right thing to do when PMS correctly identifies your renderer as a PS3.

Renderer profiles tell PMS how to interact with renderers that connect. So if your PS3 connects, it needs to be interacted in a way that a PS3 would expect.
If you force PMS to talk to the PS3 as if it was WMP errors may occur. Your PS3 and WMP are different and PMS needs to interact with them differently.

Sometimes forcing a different renderer profile can be handy, e.g. when you just bought the latest Samsung TV and PMS doesn't recognize it. Forcing a similar Samsung profile may then be helpful.
Raptor399
Project Member

Return to General Help and Support